It is generally allowed to advertise food on the London Underground, but there are some restrictions and guidelines that must be followed.
1. Advertising standards: All advertisements on the London Underground must adhere to the UK Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) codes of practice, which include guidelines on truthfulness, decency, and harm and offense.
2. Health and safety: Advertisements for food and drink products must not breach health and safety regulations, such as by promoting unhealthy or unsafe practices.
3. Prohibited items: There are certain types of food and drink products that are not allowed to be advertised on the London Underground, including alcohol, tobacco, and e-cigarettes.
4. Packaging and labeling: If an advertisement promotes a specific food or drink product, it must accurately depict the packaging and labeling of the product as it appears in the marketplace.
5. Nutritional information: If an advertisement promotes a specific food or drink product, it must include any relevant nutritional information, such as the number of calories per serving.
It is recommended to check with the London Underground’s advertising guidelines and seek advice from the ASA if you have any questions about the suitability of your food or drink advertisement. View the Transport For London (TFL) ad policy.
You can also contact our expert team who will be happy to advise and answer any questions regarding restrictions and guidelines for advertising on the London Underground.
Recent Posts & News
- How to advertise on the London UndergroundDiscover the ultimate guide to advertising on the London Underground. Learn effective strategies to reach millions daily and boost your brand’s visibility.
- 8 Effective Strategies for Tube AdvertisingIn this blog, we’ll explore why station takeovers are a powerhouse of advertising, allowing brands to create unforgettable experiences and maximise their reach in one of the world’s busiest transit systems.
- 7 Key Reasons To Consider Tube AdvertisingIn this blog, we’ll explore why station takeovers are a powerhouse of advertising, allowing brands to create unforgettable experiences and maximise their reach in one of the world’s busiest transit systems.